International Tropical Fruits Network (TFNet) is an independent and self-financing global network established under the auspices of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). It is both intergovernmental and inter-institutional in nature, with the mandate and role to promote sustainable global development of the tropical fruit industry in relation to production, consumption and trade. It is membership-based, with members acting through one lead agency on inter-country decisions. It is based in Malaysia.
TFNet is an expanding network with 162 members from 39 countries, 13 of them are country members: Bangladesh, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Philippines, Sudan, Syria, Vietnam, Australia and Sri Lanka. It also has 14 associate members composed of companies and organizations and 135 ordinary members.
Activities of TFNet include conducting consultancies and studies, project implementation, and organizing workshops, conferences, and seminars.
We subscribe to the following guiding principles in defining and driving TFNet’s activities and interactions:
- Accountability – TFNet is driven by and is accountable to its members.
- Membership Satisfaction – TFNet is committed to anticipating, understanding, and meeting members’ needs and expectations.
- International Cooperation – TFNet is committed to international cooperation and the building of partnerships among members and other regional networks in its operations and activities.
- Diversity – TFNet recognizes the diversity within its member institutions and strives to build consensus and understanding in achieving common goals.
- Excellence – TFNet is committed to strive relentlessly in the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement in its services and operations
The International Tropical Fruits Network builds on:
- A wide experience and proven track record in capacity building projects and events.
- International studies and assignments in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
- The record of our partners and associates that comprise intergovernmental and international organizations, associations, and companies and individuals that are involved in developing economies and work within the scope of TFNet’s mandate. This network is available for consultancy assignments, professional back-up, and quality assurance.
- A permanent core of highly motivated professional staff.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us here.