The Final Announcement for ISTF 2019 has been released to delegates and participants, which includes updates on the tentative symposium program.
The 2019 International Symposium on Tropical Fruits (ISTF 2019) will be held in the Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam on 24-26 September, organized by the International Tropical Fruits Network (TFNet) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) with the support of the Fruit and Vegetable Research Institute (FAVRI) and the Southern Horticultural Research Institute (SOFRI).
Bearing the theme “Recent advances and best practices to improve productivity and enhance market access for tropical fruits,” ISTF 2019 aims to assemble the latest scientific research, technology developments, and product innovations. Moreover, the Symposium will tackle on how the latest research can translate into market access, marketing opportunities, and other economic improvements. Policies that affect the tropical fruit industry will also be discussed among the stakeholders.
We are also welcoming participants from the academe, research and development institutes, extension organizations, civil societies, producers and cooperatives, agri-entrepreneurs, and the private sector to join us and learn from presentations on the following topics:
- Challenges and Opportunities in Production and Marketing of Tropical Fruits
- Postharvest Innovations
- Linking Farmers to Markets: Integration into the Global Supply and Value Chains
- Agriculture 4.0 for Tropical Fruits: Applications, Lessons, Future
- Consumer Trends and Product Innovations in Tropical Fruits
- Gender Mainstreaming in the Tropical Fruits Industry
- Sustainable Approaches for Production and Processing: Towards Product Certification
For more information on the venue, registration fees, and important dates, visit itfnet.org/istf2019.
Participants of ISTF 2019 are also invited to join our field trip to farms, packing houses, and processing centers in the Mekong delta.