For more information, visit the World Banana Forum Website.
WBF TR4 Global Network – Webinar Series
TR4-Resistant Banana Varieties: From Selection to Market Demand
19 and 20 January 2022 | 15:30 -18:00 CET – REGISTER NOW
The World Banana Forum (WBF) and TR4 Global Network invite you to participate in the upcoming webinars on TR4-Resistant Banana Varieties, which will take place on Wednesday and Thursday, 19 and 20 January, from 15:30-18:00 CET.
For more information on the agenda, click here.
The webinars, co-organized by the WBF and FAO Mesoamerica, aim to provide an overview of banana varieties tolerant or resistant to TR4, their agronomic performance, and the challenges related to market introduction and acceptance.
Tackling TR4 and other important banana diseases in an efficient way is critical to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Increasing awareness and understanding of aspects related to the use of resistant varieties, the reduction in the use of harmful pesticides, and the obstacles and opportunities for successful market acceptance of new varieties is therefore key to addressing these challenges.
The objectives of the webinars are:
- Understanding obstacles and opportunities for successful market introduction of TR4 resistant varieties
- Raising awareness and communicating the importance of resistant varieties to address TR4
- Sharing good practices on the development of resistant varieties against TR4 and other diseases
- Identifying strategies for market acceptance of new banana varieties
- Showcasing examples of the use of resistant and tolerant varieties, taking place nationally and/or at regional level