Organizers of the Asia Fruit Logistica 2019 announced in their website that the event will take place as planned on 4-6 September 2019, with Asiafruit Congress on 3 September 2019.
The decision is based on a representative majority of primary exhibitors, whose opinion on whether to continue or to postpone has been canvassed in the last few days. A clear majority of respondents want the event to continue as planned.
They remain confident that the Asia Fruit Logistica will be fruitful, even though the situation in Hong Kong continues to be challenging and developments are not easy to foresee. The forecast visitor attendance based on pre-show sales and redeemed vouchers indicates an attendance level at of 80 per cent of the 2018 show. Furthermore, 15 per cent of the visitors purchase tickets onsite, so a good visitor turnout can be expected, as the organizers assure to do everything they can for the visitors in the two weeks before Asia Fruit Logistica opens its doors.
As a business traveler, there are a number of things you can do yourself to stay as safe as possible. It is advisable for you as visitor to Hong Kong to:
1. pay close attention to flight information (both inbound and outbound flights),
2. exercise increased caution,
3. avoid large public gatherings,
4. inform yourself about local traffic situation as possible temporary road closures
and disruptions on public transport may happen,
5. hence follow the advice of local authorities,
6. monitor local media,
7. don’t wear black or white shirts,
8. keep your passport with you,
9. make hotel arrangements nearby the AsiaWorld Expo centre
10. and follow Asia Fruit Logistica updates on our website and social media channels.
Asia Fruit Logistica is the surest sign of a bright and confident future for the fresh fruit and vegetable business in Asia. And the business that you and many thousands of other companies have generated at Asia Fruit Logistica underlines the importance of Hong Kong to our common future.
Source: Asia Fruit Logistica